Figured this might be of intrest to anyone joining an NROTC program theses are the basic stanards for every NROTC program
NROTC Eligibility Requirements
The following eligibility requirements must be met by all those applying for any Naval ROTC program:
- AGE: Must be at least 17 years old by September 1 of the year starting college and less than 23 years old on June 30 of that year.
- CITIZENSHIP: Must be a citizen of the United States.
- PHYSICAL: Must meet the physical standards as listed in the NROTC College Scholarship bulletin.
- EDUCATION: Must be a high school graduate or possess equivalency certificates by August 1 of the same year entrance into the NROTC four year scholarship is anticipated.
- COLLEGE ENTRANCE: Applied for and gained admission to an NROTC affiliated college or university. NOTE: The application for a NROTC scholarship is separate from the application to Fordham University, Molloy College or SUNY Maritime College. In order to attend either of these schools with an NROTC scholarship, both the NROTC scholarship application and the school application must be submitted and approved to the Navy and the school respectively!
- ACADEMIC: Must achieve qualifying scores on Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) or the American College Test (ACT). All test scores must be on the same exam. Release test scores to CODE 0656.
- Navy Option minimums: SAT Verbal 530, Math 520; ACT Verbal 22, Math 22.
- Marine Corps Option minimums : Composite 1000. ACT Composite 45.
For more information about Navy Regulations contact: www.netc.navy.mil